{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


4/06/2012

coconut muffins


Earlier this week I was staring at my unopened bag of shredded coconut (that was purchased on a whim a few months ago) wondering what I could make with it. I wandered over to smitten kitchen and searched around until I found this recipe for coconut muffins. Double coconut muffins, to be exact. Instead of butter, coconut oil is used and the result is delightful! If I closed my eyes I felt as if it were 20 degrees warmer outside (sort of). Coconut oil has gotten a bad reputation over the years, but the virgin cold-pressed variety is actually very beneficial to your health. I've actually been using it as my only moisturizer for body and face for the last few weeks and my skin looks (and smells) wonderful. More on that topic later. I hope you try this recipe and have a wonderful weekend.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...