{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


3/02/2012

quick oven ribs


It was 4:00 and tummies were already starting to rumble. Had I employed the Crock Pot to work its low and slow magic earlier in the day I would be sighing that happy sigh one makes when one has the answer to the "what's for dinner" question that typically strolls through my head at precisely 4:00. But, I forgot about the Crock and instead had cold, raw pork ribs in the refrigerator. Quick ribs? Not so much... but then inspiration flashed and by 5:45 I ended up with falling off the bone deliciousness on our dinner plates. Here's the recipe for quick oven ribs.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 to 2 pounds ribs
chili powder
garlic powder (I prefer organic, non-GMO and made in USA)
salt
1 medium onion, sliced (I used a red onion)
barbecue sauce


Directions:
Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with oil to coat evenly. Wash ribs and pat dry. Sprinkle some chili powder, garlic powder and salt on all sides of the ribs and rub in. Arrange ribs on pan and top with onion slices. Cover with another piece of foil and fold edges with the bottom piece to make a "packet" of ribs. Bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Uncover and brush with barbeque sauce. Place the ribs under the broiler (low) for about 5 minutes each side. 

Can I just mention these glass spice jars? I have seen so many bloggers feature these in their own pantry. I love how uniform and neat they look! I buy most of my spices in bulk and it may be time to reorganize the miss-mosh of pouches bound by disintegrating elastics.

image via martha stewart
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...