{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


10/07/2011

hello birdie



Earlier this morning I sat down to write a blog post when I heard a thump on the glass door of the breezeway. I got up to investigate. When I opened the door to the chilly, damp morning I found a small woodpecker laying defeated-looking on the threshold. After a little nudge and few strokes of affection on top of its head, the bird hopped down the steps and zipped off into the bright blue sky.

It was a nice moment; seeing something falter and then take flight reminded me of how many times us humans are forced to take a pause from the action in life. Whatever that pause may be (great or small) it's important to allow... and hope that there's someone or some force to give us a little nudge and affection to help us on our way again.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...