{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


2/02/2012

thank goodness for makeup



A friend of mine has a saying she uses to bestow the ultimate compliment upon something: "it's almost as fun as makeup." I couldn't agree more - for me, makeup is the ultimate "thing" that is just pure fun. Instantly, I am transformed into a nine year old girl swiveling up a tube of petal pink Christian Dior lipstick and marveling at the candy-like color when I dive into my makeup bag. I don't expect everyone to relate - to some, makeup is weighted by a world of marketing, controversy over the definition of beauty and damaging body image issues. In my world, nothing replaces the feeling of having a slick of lipstick, a brush of eye-liner, a wash of blush and a coat of mascara. I just feel *dressed* and that makes me happy.

image via
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...