{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


1/23/2012

chocolate for breakfast


Nutella is magic. I haven't made anything that tasted bad when Nutella has been involved. This recipe for a french toast bake did not disappoint. Instead of baking a large "caserole," I made individual 8 oz ramekins and prepared it all the night before so the egg mixture could really soak into the bread. I changed a few things from the original recipe: 1. I used Scala bread rather then the called for mulitgrain bread (I've found that denser breads like multigrain make for a tougher outcome). 2. I adjusted the recipe by half and only used two sliced bananas. I'm definitely keeping this recipe in my breakfast repertoire - I might even try it with day old croissants in place of bread.

I highly recommend making a little Nutella sauce as described in the recipe to drizzle over the top before serving. Our guests loved this take on french toast! Ok, I'm getting hungry just typing this post... and also inspired to write a post about all the "make ahead" breakfast/brunch recipes I've tried over the past few years. It's much more fun to just make the coffee and pour the mimosas in the morning rather than have to whip up a full meal, don't you think? Keep an eye out for that upcoming post!

recipe via needful things
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...