{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


12/30/2011

a toast (to the last post in 2011)



Hero Hubby and I are staying put this new year's eve and enjoying the company of some of our neighbors (I'm glad everyone will be walking home - instead of driving) that night for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Of course this is an impromptu mini-fete and I've had to work quickly to put together a casual, yet elegant menu. Fortunately I've been graced with an extended nap-time from Violet (she's rounding out the third hour!) and Laela has been happy to sit in my lap and chew on the lapel of my blazer (guess I won't be wearing that tomorrow night). Anyway, here is my collection of tasty, easy, budget-friendly new year's eve eats and sips. I'm not certain we'll make it to midnight, but I am sure our tummies won't be rumbling when the ball drops! Have a wonderful (and safe) weekend. Cheers!

Hors D'oeuvres:
Gougères
Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Phyllo Bites
Parsnip Crisps
Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade Toasts
Warmed Olives

Cocktails:
Kir Royales
Celebration Fizzies

Sweets:
Bergamot Infused Chocolate Truffles (I have so many of these left from Christmas... they'll be gone soon!)
Lady Fingers
Individual Key Lime Mousses

image via style me pretty
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...