{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


9/22/2011

diy project no. 004: laundry soap


I love doing laundry. So much, in fact, that when I came across a diy laundry soap recipe I just had to try it out. I hadn't realized just how chemical-laden commercial laundry soaps and fabric softeners are until I researched the topic, not to mention their cost is four times higher than the homemade version (this recipe ends up costing about $0.05 per load). Skeptical at first, I soon discovered how easy it is to make my own and, when put to the test, how effective! Which is verrrrry important when you have the kind of laundry we have... toddler + baby + husband = disastrous piles of stained and damaged clothes.

As for fabric softener, you ask? Simple white vinegar with a few drops of lavender essential oil. Yuck, vinegar?! I hear some of you saying... be assured that there was no vinegar odor whatsoever when I pulled the clothes from the dryer - just fresh clean clothes with a very faint hint of lavender. Use one tablespoon of vinegar per load - pour it right into the fabric softener dispenser and fill with water just like you normally would.

I encourage you to try this easy, chemical-free, money saving laundry soap; it's so simple and it works.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...