{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


6/22/2011

a lovely thing about summer

 

A lovely thing about summer (perhaps the loveliest) are the visual treats around just about every corner - flowers.  Their colors, blossoms, leaves, shapes, heights... I could prattle on about how charged and vibrant life becomes in the summer when you have flowers abounding in fields, pots and gardens, but I'll let their beauty do the talking.  I have always admired the floral vignettes created with window boxes.  They make storefronts more inviting and soften the exterior walls of houses.  Most of all I love their playfulness, and knowing that they are temporary works of art makes my eyes all the hungrier to spot them.  

images by Marissa B. and via the grumpy gardner and little brown pen
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...