{everyone needs a side of sparkle}


8/26/2011

cappuccino time


It's no secret that I love coffee and all things delicious one can make with it. A french press girl in the mornings, I most definitely favor a cappuccino later in the day. With Friday afternoon already on my mind, I'm planning on slipping out with my two ladies to our local cafe and delighting in the foamy warmth of a (to-go)cup.  Someday I will posses my very own espresso machine (with direct hot water tap, of course) so I can enjoy an afternoon treat at home. For now, here is a cappuccino hack to try at home with you french press (if you don't own one, I highly recommend them)!

STEP ONE:
Brew espresso in your french press {2 tablespoons medium-grind espresso to every cup of near-boiling water}. Stir. Let it stand for 4 minutes, then depress the plunger. Pour 1/3 cup of espresso into the bottom of your coffee cup.

STEP TWO:
Microwave about 1 cup of milk for about 20 seconds. Rinse out your coffee press and pour in the hot milk. Foam it with the plunger and top the espresso with 1/3 cup of the milk and top the rest with the foam. Enjoy!

image via evan's kitchen ramblings
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Aw if you lived closer I'd have you join us every afternoon for a cappuccino!
    Buying that profession plum-in machine is pretty expensive, so start saving you pennies now. Please give kisses and hugs to your daughters for me and let me know when you'll be in town once again, or maybe I could ride up with you mom when she visits. Here's hoping. Love, me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...